Friday 9 November 2007

V&A


I finally made it to the V&A and saw two wonderful exhibitions - The Art of Lee Miller and The Golden Age of Couture (1947-1957).

We went on a Saturday and the Couture exhibition was a bit too busy, so it was difficult to see everthing. There was lots of film footage, beautiful frocks (of course) - I bought postcards of two of my favourite dresses (pic above), and some amazing couture dolls with exquisite miniature accessories (you can see a photograph on the V&A website:
http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1486_couture/exhibHighLachasse.php - click full view to see all the accessories including a corset and tiny perfume bottles)

3 comments:

Christina's mama Hyein said...

Oh I envy you.
I love the 'Les Muguets' (Lily of the Valley) dress. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Beadin' Nora said...

Hi Hyein!
The Lily of the Valley dress is so pretty.
By the way, there's a nice vintage dress pattern available on the website: http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/
microsites/1486_couture/create.php

Christina's mama Hyein said...

Yes I saw that. It looks gorgeous but "20 pages". I might have to wait til I get some ink : )